Apple Business Manager (ABM)
ABM Bulk App Deployment
Apple Device Enrollment using Codeproof
Apple Business Manager - Apps Deployment
How to manage mobile devices and apps using Codeproof?
Mobile Alert Management
Cloud Console TWO Factor (2FA) Authentication
Device Lookup by Phone Number, IMEI, ICCID or Employee Name
iOS7 system properties are available
iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Parental Controls in Codeproof
Web Content filtering in iPhone, iPad and MacOS
Secure Browser and Web Content Filtering
Securing Chrome Browser and Web Filtering in Android
How to configure Office365 email or Exchange EAS on Apple devices
Configure Office365 email accounts in mobile devices
Configuring Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Email on Samsung Devices
Configuring Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Email on LG devices
How To Articles
How to block Android Overview Button?
How to remove passwords remotely from locked Android phones
Difference between Reset All Settings v/s Erase All Content And Settings?
How to block "Settings" changes in Android devices?
How to prevent the Mobile Device Management protection from being turned off?
How to find iTunes store id or App id?
How to ping a device using Codeproof?
How to optimize Battery usage and Data usage in Android?
How to remotely change or remove the password on Android phones and tablets?
How to hard factory reset an Android Device
How to Install an APK?
How to Enable pre-loaded system apps?
How to check if a Device has a Password?
How to generate QR code for Android Device Enrollment?
How to change Android device display language
How to Block Outgoing Calls and SMS?
How to Data Wipe a device?
MDM Fails to Clear Passcode on iPhone
Android Q Background Location Permission Error on Moto E5 and Moto G
Mobile Device Management
Disabling factory reset protection (FRP)
Google Workspace and Codeproof
Device Admin Deprecation - What you need to know?
Paid Apps and Managed Play Store
Managed Google Playstore
Restricting access to Account Management
Battery Level low notifications
Android Enterprise Custom Messages
Factory Reset Protection (FRP)
Android Enterprise Policies
Selectively deploying apps from the managed playstore
Android Enterprise (AE) Setup
Network Monitoring in Android
Enabling pre-loaded system apps in Android Enterprise
Apple Device Management
Web clips in Apple Devices
iOS App Bundle Id
Apple Watch MDM Policies
iOS 9 MDM Restriction Policies
Blocking AppStore in Apple Devices
iPhone and iPad Restriction Policies
iOS 8 Mobile Device Management (MDM) Policies
What's new in iOS 6 MDM?
iOS7 background apps from being killed by App Switcher
Configuring iOS 7 App Policies
Deploying iOS Configuration Profiles using Profile Manager
Blocking the default applications in Apple Devices
Suspending and Hiding Apps in Android
How to block all the downloaded apps in iOS?
Deploying Web Apps in Android Enterprise
iOS Enterprise App Deployment
How to Deploy Mobile Apps through Codeproof Platform
Amazon Flex App Deployment
How to update Google Play Store app
iOS App Deployment
Android App deployment
Data Leakage Prevention(DLP)
Remotely locking Android devices
How to remotely wipe all the data from Android Phone
How to remotely lock the device with a recovery key?
Phone Remote Lock and Remote Data Wipe By SMS
Restoring Backups During MDM Enrollment
Bulk Device Enrollment
Profile based MDM enrollment for Apple Devices - BYOD Scenario
Android Zero-touch Enrollment
Android MDM Setup using ADB Script
Android Enterprise - Keep All System Apps
QR Code Enrollment
Android Enterprise QR Code Generation
Apple Devices Enrollment Techniques
Device Enrollment Wizard
Enable Lost Mode in Android
Tracking the physical location of iPhone and iPad devices using MDM
How to enable location permissions?
How to prevent the location service from being turned off?
GPS location tracking using Codeproof
Prevent end users from disabling GPS Locations
How to prevent someone from disabling find my iphone?
How to improve mobile phone location accuracy
How to update an App in Single App Mode?
Enabling Single App mode in iPhone, iPad and iPod
Mobile Apps whitelisting
How to turn-off kiosk mode?
Advanced Mobile Kiosk Manager
Kiosk screen lock with a pin
Android Kiosk with Multiple and Single App Mode
Mobile Kiosk Branding
Force Syncing contacts in the Contact Manager
Disable Contacts Sync in the Outlook Exchange Email
Android Enterprise Permission Management
How to enable Android app permissions?
Block apps based on android permissions
Mobile apps access permissions monitoring using Codeproof
How to remove MDM from iPhone, iPad and iPod?
Remove MDM from ABM-DEP Enrolled Devices
Disable MDM using a code
How to remove Codeproof ?
Remove Device Admin MDM
Removing Android Enterprise MDM
Screenlock and Passcode
Remotely locking iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices
iOS Passcode Management
How to turn off Passcode Lock on iPhone and iPad
How to unlock iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices?
Device screenlock status and enabling passcode policy
How to enable passcode lock in iPhone and iPad
Android System Update Requirements
Android System Update in the Single App LockTask mode
Apple iOS Software Update
Android System Update
MDM System Auditing
Mobile Expense Control
Products and Services
SiteSecure - Campus Camera Blocking
Codeproof® Call Blocker
Secured Remote Access
Managed Mobile Hotspot
Codeproof Samsung KNOX
The new Samsung MDM Agent App
Call and SMS blocking
Access Point Name (APN) Policy Configuration
- All Categories
- What Is
- What is a supervised device?
What is a supervised device?
Updated by Satish Shetty
The Supervised apple device (iPhone, iPad and Mac) allows organizations (IT Admin) to gain extensive remote controlling capability over the apple devices. It allows additional restrictions, such as turning off iMessage or content erase, and it provides additional device configurations and features, such as web content filtering, prevent users from deleting apps, silently install & remove apps, disable access to AirDrop, configuring a global proxy, enable a single-app mode and mdm lockdown, etc.
By default, your iPhone and iPad isn’t supervised. Supervision can only be turned on when you set up a new device. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn’t supervised now, your administrator needs to completely erase your device to set up supervision.
You can check if the device is supervised or not by going to “Settings” in iOS 10. You see a message at the top saying “Phone is supervised”. In iOS 9 or earlier you can check the phone supervised or not by going to Settings->General->About.
Supervision can be enabled in TWO ways.
- Apple Business Manager(ABM) (formerly known as DEP): If you plan to purchase business iPhone, iPad and MAC devices from Apple, then ask the salesperson to put the devices under your company's ABM account. The ABM enabled devices can be supervised remotely using a MDM software such as Codeproof. More info about Apple Device Enrollment program here.
- Using Apple Configurator tool: After the device purchase, Supervision can be enabled using Apple Configurator tool here.
Supervised mode restriction policies:
The following restriction policies are only available on supervised devices and not available on normal apple devices.
- Allow/Disallow Account Modification (email, Appleid, contacts and calendar)
- Allow/Disallow AirDrop
- Allow/Disallow App Cellular Data Modification
- Allow/Disallow Assistant User Generated Content
- Allow/Disallow Find My Friends Modification
- Allow/Disallow Host Pairing
- Allow list of apps to enter a single app mode/Kiosk mode
- Allow/Disallow Enabling Restrictions
- Allow/Disallow Erase Content And Settings
- Allow/Disallow Spotlight Internet Results
- Allow/Disallow Chat (iMessages) (iOS 6.0)
- Allow/Disallow iBookstore(iOS 6.0)
- Allow/Disallow Game Center(iOS 6.0)
- Allow/Disallow Removing Apps
- Allow/Disallow Shared Photo Stream(iOS 6.0)
- Allow/Disallow Configuration Profile Installation interactively (iOS 6.0)
- Allow/Disallow force use of profanity filter assistant
- Allow/Disallow Podcasts(iOS 8.1.3)
- Allow/Disallow Definition Lookup(iOS 8.1.3)
- Allow/Disallow Predictive Keyboard(iOS 8.1.3)
- Allow/Disallow Auto Correction(iOS 8.1.3)
- Allow/Disallow Spell Check(iOS 8.1.3)
- Allow/Disallow Music Service(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow News(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow AppStore app installation but allow app updates(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow Keyboard Shortcuts(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow Paired Watch(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow Passcode Modification(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow Device Name Modification(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow Wallpaper Modification(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow Automatic AppDownloads(iOS 9.0)
- Allow/Disallow RadioService(iOS 9.3)
- Blacklist apps (iOS 9.3) – Block apps from user launching
- Whitelist apps (iOS 9.3) – Allow only whitelisted apps to user launchable
- Allow/Disallow Notifications Modification(iOS 9.3)
- Allow/Disallow RemoteScreen Observation(iOS 9.3)
- Allow/Disallow Diagnostic Submission Modification(iOS 9.3.2)
- Allow/Disallow Bluetooth Modification(iOS 10.0)
Supervised Mode Profiles
In addition to above, supervised mode also offers following mobile device management features.
- App Lock/Single App Mode/Kiosk Mode
- Web Content Filter
- Global HTTP Proxy
- Home Screen Layout
- Education Configuration
Managed Lost Mode
With iOS 9.3 or later, MDM Administrator can use MDM to place a supervised device into Managed Lost Mode. Managed Lost Mode is a dedicated mode that must be disabled by the administrator before the device can be used again. Like Find My iPhone, an administrator can send messages to the device while the device is in Managed Lost Mode. Unlike Find My iPhone, device location information can only be accessed by the MDM server when Managed Lost Mode is enabled. When enabled, the user won’t be able to unlock the device until Managed Lost Mode is turned off and the user is notified if location information was accessed during that time. Read more here.
NOTE: It is recommended to enable supervision only on “company owned iPhone and iPad devices”.
More info about supervision can be found here from Apple Support.