GPS location tracking using Codeproof
The Codeproof platform provides up-to date location history data and physical tracking information for iPhone, iPad and various Android devices. Location GPS coordinates can be exported and downloaded in a excel format.
1. Enabling the Location Policy
The location tracking policy must be enabled to receive the location data. Enabling the location tracking policy will force-enable the GPS tracking in the device in case if it is turned off. Please follow the below instructions to enable the location tracking policy.
- Select a group or a single device in the policy manager.
- On the right side, go to “Android Security”, Then go to “Agent Policy”.
- Select on “Enable Device Location Tracking”.
- Then hit “Save” at the bottom right.
- Now GPS location will be enabled in the device.
- To receive a immediate location data, select the device and right click and select “Ping Device” command from the context menu.
- Then select a device and right click and do “Refresh” from the context menu.
- Then go to “Locate Me” tab to see the location a google map.
2. Viewing physical address in a Map:
Viewing the current location
Viewing the location history